Researchers in Germany studied 628 children for the prevalence of fructose malabsorption as it related to obesity. Out of this
Instructions for Leaky Gut Breath Test
The test kit contains the following items:
- 4 breath collection tubes
- Sucrose sugar package
- Test Form
- Security seal for return of tubes using original test box
Read all steps first before doing the test. It is recommended that you avoid beans, fiber and whole grains the day before the test and perform the test after an overnight fast (at least 8 hours of no food intake). Do not sleep, smoke or exercise during the test.
Step 1: Collect a single breath sample in the tube labeled BASELINE.
- Unscrew the cap of the breath collection tube. Place the straw into the tube.
- Hold glass tube with one hand while holding the cap with your other hand. For children, you can hold the tube for them while they exhale.
- Take a full breath and exhale through the straw directly into the tube. You should feel some of your breath escaping from the tube while you exhale. This is normal.
- After filling the tube with breath, replace the cap immediately. Screw cap so that it is “finger-tight”. Do not over tighten cap. If you can’t replace the cap on the tube within 5 seconds, simply start the breath collection again from step 1 above.
Step 4: Wait 30 Minutes for another breath collection. Collect another breath sample using the collection tube labeled 30 min. Use the same procedure as described in Step 1.
Step 5: Wait for 30 more minutes (1 hour after drinking the Sucrose) and collect one more breath sample using the collection tube labeled 60 min.
Step 6: After 30 more minutes (90 minuites after drinking the Sucrose) collect the final breath sample using the collection tube labeled 90 min.
Step 7: Please be sure to completely fill out the information below and return this sheet as well as all the tubes in the original box. Secure the box with the enclosed security seal. Place the test box into any mailbox. For best results, mail the samples within 14 days of testing.